Sam India Builtwell Pvt. Ltd. has emerged as the lowest bidder for constructing a roughly 1 km underground section of Lucknow Metro’s 22.878 km Line-1 between Amausi and Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport. This section is officially referred to as LKCC-05 and is the line’s 2nd underground stretch after the 3.44 km Charbagh – KD Singh Babu Stadium section of LKCC-06 for which tunneling works are underway by the Tata – Gülermak JV.
LMRCL invited bids for this package in December 2016 at an estimate value of Rs. 290 crores. Here are the bid values submitted by the lowest, technically qualified, firms:
|Sam India||Rs. 261 cr|
|URC||Rs. 273 cr|
|ITD Cem||Rs. 280 cr|
This package includes the construction of a 338m ramp, 230m cut & cover tunnels, and the CCSI Airport Station:
In the coming weeks, if no issues arise, then Sam India will go on to be awarded with Line-1’s fifth & final major civil contract. This will also be their 2nd civil project after the Transport Nagar Depot (LKCC-03).
Line-1’s tendering stage is about over! Now only the contract for this package has to be handed over.
• LKCC-01 (Elevated) – Built by Larsen & Toubro; Scheduled to open in June-July 2017
• LKCC-02 (Elevated) – Built by SP Singla; Scheduled to open in June-July 2017
• LKCC-05 (Underground) – Financial bids opened (this post)
• LKCC-06 (Underground) – Under construction by Tata – Gülermak JV since Sept 2016
• LKCC-07 (Elevated) – Under construction by Larsen & Toubro since Oct 2016
For more updates, check out the Lucknow section of The Metro Rail Guy!