China-based tunnel boring machine (TBM) manufacturer Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Company (
Named D215, this Ø6.68m dual-mode TBM is part of a 3 TBM order (2 other refurbished TBMs passed FAT in August) and will be deployed by Larsen & Toubro and Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Company (L&T – STEC JV) to build twin tunnels on the line’s 4.157 km package UGC-07, between Marol Naka – MIDC – SEEPZ – Aarey Colony Ramp, which was awarded by the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. in July 2016.
D215 will build a total of 3 tunnels, all on the down-line –
|Pali Ground Shaft||CSIA T2||1296m|
|Pali Ground Shaft||MIDC||694m|
The circular Pali Ground Shaft is located just north of the Marol Naka Station –
• Package UGC-01 – None
• Package UGC-02 – 2 Terratec TBMs (1st, 2nd) in China (new)
• Package UGC-03 – 1 Robbins TBM in Singapore (refurbished)
• Package UGC-04 – 3 Herrenknecht TBMs (1st, 2nd, 3rd) in China (new)
• Package UGC-05/06 – 2 Terratec TBMs in Delhi (refurbished) + 2 Terratec TBMs (1st, 2nd) in China (new)
• Package UGC-07 – 2 STEC TBMs in Singapore (refurbished) + 1 STEC TBM in China (new)
Robbins still has to complete FAT for 2 new cross-over TBMs for use on package UGC-01 and 1 NFM Slurry TBM for use on package UGC-03, while Terratec has FAT pending for 1 new dual-mode TBM for use on package UGC-05/06.
For more updates, check out the Mumbai section of The Metro Rail Guy!