Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on Friday opened technical bids from design engineering firms to reveal three firms had submitted bids for the Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) contract to remodel and augment Ajronda and Sarita Vihar depots on Delhi Metro’s 46.63 km Violet Line that connects Kashmere Gate with Raja Nahar Singh in Ballabhgarh, Haryana.
DMRC plans to repurpose the Sarita Vihar Depot for stabling maintaining trains of the Phase 4 project‘s new 20.201 km Silver Line that will connect Aerocity – Tughlakabad, and with that increase the capacity of Ajronda Depot.
The role of the DDC typically includes, but is not limited to, producing and proposing alternate designs of all civil, architectural, building services, electrical and mechanical works. The DMRC invited bids for this service in September 2020 with an estimated cost of Rs. 1.58 crore and completion period of 36 months.
- Enia Design Pvt. Ltd.
- Kirti Structural Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- Mahendra Raj Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Scope: Engagement of Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for Civil, Building Services and E&M Works for Remodelling and Construction of Ajronda Metro Depot cum Workshop and Inspection Bay Line; and Ramp, Cut & Cover, other Civil Works including E&M Works for Augmentation of Sarita Vihar Depot for Delhi MRTS Phase-IV Projects
The bids have now been sent for technical evaluation which can take a couple months to complete. When that is over, the financial bids of the technically qualified bidders will be opened to reveal who’s the lowest bidder and most likely design consultant.
Here’s a more detailed scope from the tender document:
The DDC shall perform the Services set out in this Agreement. The DDC shall deliver sufficient designs and documents to enable DMRC to construct works as per the details below:
- Remodeling and Construction of Ajronda Metro Depot Cum Workshop and Inspection Bay Line for Delhi MRTS Phase-IV Project.
- DDC for Ramp, Cut & Cover and other Civil Works in Sarita Vihar Depot for Augmentation of Sarita Vihar Depot for Delhi MRTS Phase-IV Project.
- Proof Check of Design for Prefabricated Steel Roof Structure including Roof Portals, Purlins, Sheeting etc. at Ajronda and Sarita Vihar Depots of Delhi MRTS Phase-IV Project.
- Associated E&M Works.
- Interface and co-ordination with other DDCs/ Contractors/ DMRC.
As far civil construction goes, technical bid evaluation is underway for both depots. In August, DMRC received 10 bids for Ajronda Depot (Package DC-25) and 3 bids for Sarita Vihar’s Depot (Package DC-26).
For more updates, check out the Delhi section of The Metro Rail Guy!