Kirti Wins Delhi Metro Ajronda & Sarita Vihar Depot’s DDC Contract
Earlier this week, Kirti Structural Consultants Pvt. Ltd. emerged as the lowest bidder for the Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) contract to remodel and augment Ajronda and Sarita Vihar depots on Delhi Metro’s 46.63 km Violet Line that connects Kashmere Gate with Raja Nahar Singh in Ballabhgarh, Haryana.
This contract is part of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)’s strategic plan to repurpose Sarita Vihar Depot for stabling and maintaining trains on the Phase 4 project‘s upcoming 20.201 km Silver Line which will connect Aerocity – Tughlakabad line in the future.
The role of the DDC typically includes, but is not limited to, producing and proposing alternate designs of all civil, architectural, building services, electrical and mechanical works.
The DMRC invited bids for this service in September 2020 with an estimated cost of Rs. 1.58 crore and completion period of 36 months. They opened technical bids in October to reveal 3 bidders.
Financial Bid Values:
|Kirti Structural Consultants Pvt. Ltd.||Rs 1.87 crore|
|Mahendra Raj Consultants Pvt. Ltd.||Rs 2.97 crore|
|Enia Design Pvt. Ltd.||Disqualified|
Scope: Engagement of Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for Civil, Building Services and E&M Works for Remodelling and Construction of Ajronda Metro Depot cum Workshop and Inspection Bay Line; and Ramp, Cut & Cover, other Civil Works including E&M Works for Augmentation of Sarita Vihar Depot for Delhi MRTS Phase-IV Projects
Here’s a more detailed scope from the tender document:
The DDC shall perform the Services set out in this Agreement. The DDC shall deliver sufficient designs and documents to enable DMRC to construct works as per the details below:
- Remodeling and Construction of Ajronda Metro Depot Cum Workshop and Inspection Bay Line for Delhi MRTS Phase-IV Project.
- DDC for Ramp, Cut & Cover and other Civil Works in Sarita Vihar Depot for Augmentation of Sarita Vihar Depot for Delhi MRTS Phase-IV Project.
- Proof Check of Design for Prefabricated Steel Roof Structure including Roof Portals, Purlins, Sheeting etc. at Ajronda and Sarita Vihar Depots of Delhi MRTS Phase-IV Project.
- Associated E&M Works.
- Interface and co-ordination with other DDCs/ Contractors/ DMRC.
If no issues arise during financial bid evaluation, then Kirti Structural Consultants should be handed a Letter of Acceptance in the coming weeks. With that and other LOAs, DMRC’s team of contractors and consultants will be ready for repurposing and augmenting the depots:
- Sarita Vihar Depot Remodel + Ramp: YFC Projects (Package DC-26)
- Ajronda Depot’s Remodel: Ghaziabad Mechfab (Package DC-25)
- Track-work within both depots: Paras Railtech (Package DT-11)
- DDC for both depots: Kirti Structural Consultants (this post!)
For more updates, check out the Delhi section of The Metro Rail Guy!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!