Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (BMRCL) today invited tenders (bids) from construction companies to build 3 civil packages on Bangalore Metro’s 37 km Airport Line (Line-5 / Blue Line) which will link Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport to KR Puram Station through 17 stations as part of the Bangalore Metro Phase 2B project.
This is an exciting development as the BMRCL has been in talks with ADB for a USD $500 million (approx. Rs. 3,760 crore) loan since 2018 to finance the construction of its new 56 km Line-5 (Silkboard – KR Puram – Bengaluru Airport), and this is a good indicator that talks have been moving ahead. Just earlier this month, ADB had shared more finer details on the line’s civil design including the expected packages.
The 3 packages, ranging from 11 to 15 kms each, have an extremely tight completion period of 24-27 months. Here are some bidding dates:
- Sale of Tender Documents: 14.07.2020 to 27.08.2020
- Date & Time for Submission: 26.08.2020 to 03.09.2020
- Date & Time of Opening: 04.09.2020
Contract: Phase 2B/P2/69(a)
• Estimate: 639.95 crore
• Completion Period: 27 months
• Length: 11.003 km
• Scope: Construction of elevated structure (viduct & stations) of length 11.003 km (including 281.000m of viaduct beyond Phase 2A) from Chainage 0.000 m to 10072.000m and eight elevated metro stations viz. Kasturi Nagar, Horamavu, HRBR Layout, Kalyan Nagar, HBR Layout, Nagawara, Veerannapalya and Kempapura, including 650.00m link line connectivity to Baiyappanahalli, road widening, utility diversion and allied works of Bengaluru Metro Rail Project Phase-2B
Contract: Phase 2B/P2/69(b)
• Estimate: 645.30 crore
• Completion Period: 24 months
• Length: 11.678 km
• Scope: Construction of elevated structures (viduct & stations) of length 11.678 km from chainage 10072.00m to 21500.000m and five elevated metro stations viz. Hebal, Kodigehalli, Jakkur Cross, Yelahanka and Bagalur Cross, including 250m pocket track, road widening, utility diversion and allied works of Bengaluru Metro Rail Project Phase-2B
Contract: Phase 2B/P2/69(c)
• Estimate: 620.88 crore
• Completion Period: 24 months
• Length: 15.011 km
• Scope: Construction of elevated structures (viaduct & stations) of length 15.011 km from chainage 21500.000m to 36511.000m and two elevated metro stations viz. Bettahalasuru and Doddajala, including road widening utility diversion and allied works of Bengaluru Metro Rail Project Phase-2B. This length include approx 718.18m cut & cover portion in front of Yelahanka Air Force Station.
With this development, tender notices are now pending for the following packages (1 & 2 maybe combined into one):
- Airport Depot at Trumpet Interchange
- Augmentation of Baiyapanahalli Depot
- Construction of Sky Garden and KIA Terminals stations (from BIAL)
Back in February 2020, BMRCL awarded a Rs. 6.26 crore contract to a consortium of AECOM India – Consulting Engineers Group for the HBR Layout – Airport section’s Detailed Design Consultancy (DDC) service. The scope of the KR Puram – HBR Layout section’s DDC is included within SMEC International Pty. Ltd’s Rs. 8.30 crore contract (Silkboard – HBR Layout) which largely covers Phase 2A.
Meanwhile, technical bid evaluation for the 17 km Phase 2A (Silkboard – KR Puram)’s construction is nearing completion and financial bids are expected to be opened anytime now to reveal its lowest bidders and likely contractors. Back in February, BMRCL opened bids to reveal 9 construction firms had submitted a total of 14 bids for its 2 packages.
For more updates, check out the Bangalore section of The Metro Rail Guy!
Hat-tip to ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು TrainUsers @bengalurutrains