Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) today invited tenders (bids) for the construction of a 10.2 km viaduct, 1 underground & 11 elevated stations (Package CP10-EV-03) between CMBT and Venugopal Nagar on Chennai Metro’s new 47 km Line-5 (Madhavaram – Sholinganallur)
This is so far the 14th tender notice for civil work on the 118.9 km Chennai Metro Phase 2 project, and the fifth/final one for Line-5’s construction. It consists of 2 disjointed sections on either side of the underground Package UG6 (Kolathur – Nathamnuni) for which bids were invited in January 2021.
The two sections and other infra include:
- CMBT to Nathamuni Ramp – 5 stations at CMBT, Kaliamman Koil Street Junction, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Thirumangalam & Anna Nagar Depot
- Retteri Ramp to Venugopal Nagar – 7 stations at Retteri Junction, Shastri Nagar, MMBT, Velmurugan Nagar, Manjambakkam, Assisi Nagar & Venugopal Nagar (underground)
- 1.5 km depot-line to Madhavaram Depot (for Line-3 & Line-5)
- Cut & cover section between Assisi Nagar Ramp and Venugopal Nagar (length not disclosed)
Tender No.: CMRL/CON/PHASE-II/CORRIDOR5/CP10-EV-03/2021
- Deadline: 36 months (3 years)
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 17/03/2021 at 15:00 hours
- Bid Submission End Date: 11/05/2021 up to 15:00 Hrs
- Technical Bid Opening Date: 12/05/2021 at 15:00 Hrs
Brief Scope: Construction of approx. 10.2 km of elevated viaduct, elevated ramps and 11 nos elevated stations from Assissi Nagar to CMBT (excluding the underground portion from Retteri Ramp to Nathamuni Ramp) and cut and cover section, depot approach of approx. 1.5 kms and Venugopal Nagar underground station with verification of design suitability for construction including architectural finishes, plumbing works, signages and all associated works in Corridor 5.
Note – the underground section between Venugopal Nagar and Madhavaram Milk Colony is part of Package TU-01 for which Larsen & Toubro is the lowest bidder.
With today’s development, here’s a status of all civil packages on Line-5 (north to south)
|Line-5: Package CP10-EV-03 – 10.2 km viaduct, 11 elevated stations and 1 underground station between CMBT and Venugopal Nagar||Bids Invited Today! (this post)|
|Line-5: Package UG6 – 5.8 km underground section with 5 stations from Kolathur and Nathamuni||Bids Invited January 7|
|Line-5: Package C5-ECV-02 – 12.431 km elevated section from CMBT to Alwartiru Nagar and from Porur Junction to Puzhuthivakkam with 12 stations||Bids Invited January 22|
|Line-4 & 5: Package C4-ECV-01 – 7.955 km elevated section from Power House to Porur Junction with 9 stations||Larsen & Toubro is lowest bidder|
|Line-5: Package C5-ECV-03 – 11.61 km elevated section with 11 stations from Puzhuthivakkam to Sholinganallur||Bids Invited November 11|
A list of all Phase 2 civil & system packages and their status can be viewed here.
For more updates, check out my Home Page!