Linxon announced on Monday they’ve been awarded the complete power supply package including 750V DC third rail electrification for Bangalore Metro Phase 2’s two new lines.
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (BMRCL) had invited bids for this traction package in March 2020. BMRCL’s estimate and the contract’s final value remains unknown. I’ll add it in here when released.
April 2 Update: Here are the financial bid values:
|Linxon||Rs. 530 crore|
|Alstom||Rs. 577 crore|
|Siemens||Rs. 585 crore|
|Larsen & Toubro||Rs. 632 crore|
The 2 new standard gauge lines of Phase 2 include:
- Yellow Line (Reach 5): RV Road – Silkboard – Bommasandra (19.143 km) with 16 stations
- Pink Line (Reach 6): Kalena Agaraha (formerly Gottigere) – MG Road – Nagawara (21.386 km) with 18 stations
Tender No: BMRCL/Phase II/ICB No.EP4-CC
Brief Scope: Engineering, Supply, Erection, Testing and Commissioning of 33KV Distribution, 750V DC Third Rail Traction Electrification including Traction Substations, Auxiliary Substations and SCADA System for Reach-5 and Reach-6 Phase-II
Linxon will also supply a maintenance planning system to BMRCL as part of the contract. This will be installed at BMRCL’s Operation Control Centre and integrated with the SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System).
Linxon is a joint venture of Hitachi ABB Power Grids & SNC-Lavalin. Prior to this, they were awarded Kochi Metro Phase 1B’s power supply contract in August 2020.
With this development, BMRCL has almost completed awarding all system contracts for Bangalore Metro’s Yellow Line. Winners are now pending for its stations’ escalators and Hebbagodi Depot’s Machinery & Plants (M&P) contracts. Just this past week, BMRCL invited bids for its Automatic Train Wash Plant.
Here’s a list of the Yellow Line’s major system vendors / contractors:
- 90 Coach Rolling Stock – CRRC Nanjing Puzhen
- CBTC Signaling – Siemens
- 60 E1 880 Grade Rails – Jindal Steel
- Head-Hardened Rails – Mitsui & Co. Ltd
- E&M – Jakson – JSC JV
- Elevators – Johnson Lifts
- Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) System – AGS Transact Technologies
- Power Supply & Third Rail Electrification – Linxon (this post!)
A full list of Phase 2’s contractors can be viewed here.
For more updates, check out my Home Page!