Afcons Infrastructure on Thursday was awarded a Rs. 1669.20 crore contract by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) for constructing Package DC07 of the 23.622 km Silver Line (Aerocity – Tughalakabad).
This 6.981 km section on the eastern side of the line will connect Sangam Vihar Station’s east-end and Sarita Vihar Depot via 3 stations at Maa Anandmayee Marg, Tughlakabad Railway Colony, and Tughlakabad where it will form an interchange with the Violet Line’s station built in Phase 2.
Technical bids were opened in August to reveal 6 bidders. During technical evaluation, HCC – JMC JV and STEC were disqualified. Financial bids were opened in November, along with DC-05 & DC-08, to reveal Afcons as the lowest bidder – see all bid values here.
- Final Contract Value: Rs. 1608.09 crore + Euro 68,00,000 (Approx. Rs. 1669,20,96,000.00)
- Contract Date (Notice to Proceed): January 24, 2022
- Completion Period: 42 months
Brief Scope: Design and Construction of Underground UP & Down Tunnels by Shield TBM from end of Cut & Cover tunnel near Sangam Vihar metro Station up to existing Sarita Vihar depot, Underground Ramp and Cut & Cover Tunnels near Sangam Vihar and Tughlakabad metro station and Underground Metro Stations at Maa Anandmayee Marg, Tughlakabad Railway Colony and Tughlakabad including Retrieval/Launching shafts on Aerocity Tughlakabad corridor of Delhi MRTS Project of Ph-IV
As shared earlier:
- The package’s scope includes tunnels all the way up to the existing Sarita Vihar Depot, which will be augmented to stable and maintain Silver Line’s train-sets.
- DMRC will require Afcons to use a minimum of 5 tunnel boring machines (TBMs)
- Distance from Sangam Vihar Station to Maa Anandmayee Marg is 3.014 km in order to skirt around Tughlakabad Fort and other significant monuments / tombs strewn around in the area. Twin tunnels here will be the longest tunnels between adjacent stations on the entire network.
- A crossover will be built north of Tughlakabad Station to allow trains to switch tracks.
With this development, the 1st of 4 JICA-funded underground packages of Phase 4 has been awarded. I expect basic ground work to start in March with full-fledged construction work starting in June.
|Package DC-05: Derawal Nagar to RK Ashram, 7.46 km underground section with 6 stations||Afcons Infra is lowest bidder|
|Package DC-08: Aerocity to Kishangarh, 6.11 km underground section with 4 stations||Tata Projects is lowest bidder|
|Package DC-09: Kishangarh to Saket G-Block, 6.88 km underground section with 4 stations||Afcons Infra is lowest bidder|
|Package DC-07: Sangam Vihar to Tughlakabad, 6.477 km underground section with 3 stations||Awarded to Afcons Infra|
See a list of all Phase 4 packages and their status here.