Another one down! Afcons Infrastructure on Friday was awarded a Rs. 2481.50 crore contract by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) for constructing Package DC05 of the Magenta Line’s 28.92 km Janakpuri West – RK Ashram extension.
This 7.46 km underground section connects a ramp north of Derawal Nagar with RK Ashram via 6 stations at Derawal Nagar, Ghanta Ghar, Pulbangash (interchange with Red Line), Sadar Bazar, Nabi Karim & Ramakrishna Ashram Marg (interchange with Blue Line).
- Final Contract Value: INR 2404,99,99,990.71 + EURO 85,79,782 (Approx. Rs. 2481,50,59,151.65)
- Contract Date (Notice to Proceed): January 24, 2022
- Completion Period: 42 months
Brief Scope: Design & Construction of Twin Tunnel by shield TBM, Tunnel by Cut & Cover, Underground ramp at Derawal Nagar and Six underground stations viz. Derawal Nagar, Ghanta Ghar, Pulbangash, Sadar Bazar, Nabi Karim & Ramakrishna Ashram Marg Including Architectural Finishing, Water supply, Sanitary installation, Drainage works of stations on Janakpuri West to R.K. Ashram Corridor (Line-8 Ext.) of Phase-IV of Delhi MRTS.
This is the 4th and final civil package of the Magenta Line’s 28.92 km Janakpuri West – RK Ashram extension. Other packages are 12.375 km DC-01, 7.473 km DC-03R, 2.03 km underground DC-06 – all of which are under construction.
As shared earlier:
- Afcons will be required to use at least 4 tunnel boring machines (TBMs).
- A 168 meter ramp and Derawal Nagar Station’s box will come up at Ismail Khan Park opposite Gurudwara Nanak Piao Sahib
- The line curves around GT Road between Derawal Nagar and Ghanta Ghar to avoid Tripolia Gate (2 historic gates smack-dab on the highway)
- Architectural drawings show Nabi Karim’s box getting built as a plus-shaped box to allow for a future interchange (a new 12.58 km Inderlok – Indraprastha line is in the works)
- RK Ashram Station will include a 185 meter track cross-over to allow trains to switch between down and up lines. Entire cut and cover box (584.071m long) will come up north of the Blue Line’s existing station.
With this development, 2 of 4 JICA-funded underground packages of Phase 4 have been awarded. I hear DC-08 and DC-09 might be retendered, but that remains to be seen. For DC-05, I expect basic ground work to start in March with full-fledged construction work starting in June.
|Package DC-05: Derawal Nagar to RK Ashram, 7.46 km underground section with 6 stations||Awarded to Afcons Infra|
|Package DC-08: Aerocity to Kishangarh, 6.11 km underground section with 4 stations||Tata Projects is lowest bidder|
|Package DC-09: Kishangarh to Saket G-Block, 6.88 km underground section with 4 stations||Afcons Infra is lowest bidder|
|Package DC-07: Sangam Vihar to Tughlakabad, 6.477 km underground section with 3 stations||Awarded to Afcons Infra|
See a list of all Phase 4 packages and their status here.
For more updates, check out the Delhi Metro section or my Home Page! Sign up for free instant email notifications on new posts over here. Like this post? See how you can get early-access to updates and support the site over here.